About DDD Brisbane
DDD Brisbane is a non profit community event run by developers, for developers. Our goal is to create an approachable event that appeals to the whole community. Anyone can submit a session to the event, and delegates vote for the sessions they want to see. We do this by:
- Making the ticket price as low as possible ($49)
- Running the event on a Saturday
- Allowing anyone to submit about any software industry related topic
- Having a democratically chosen agenda
- Focussing on creating a safe and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome
What does DDD stand for?
DDD Brisbane started out its life as part of the Developer! Developer! Developer! series of events and while our heritage is as a developer-focussed conference, DDD Brisbane is not just for developers, but for all professionals in the software industry. These days we don't expand DDD - it's not an acronym for us anymore, but if people insist then we might say Designer, Developer and Data Scientist, or is it DevOps, Data architect, Distributed tester?
The original DDD Brisbane logo was:
Developer! Developer! Developer! started in 2005 in the United Kingdom as a community conference organised by software developers for software developers. It's since spread all over the UK and Australia.
DDD was set up with a number of key elements in mind, which hold true for all DDD conferences held worlwide:
- It is free / low cost
- It is on a Saturday
- An open submissions process
- A democratically chosen agenda
We have a number of sister events across Australia:
Next event Saturday 30th November 2019
- One day
- Fully catered
- Inclusive atmosphere
- Industry-leading Presenters
- Awesome people
- Only $49
Note: All dates in +1000.